Friday, April 16, 2010

post-it project...

When we compare our lives to others, it may be disillusioning. But there is a healthy introspection that comes from acknowledging what you have in light of the blessings God has given. Therefore, give back.

In the midst of the craziness of life, I don't want to forget my commitments to serving a cause greater than myself. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I have been invited to go to Africa this summer to partner with Mavuno church in Kenya. This adventure is exciting and nerve-wrecking all at the same time. In order to be a participant on this trip each member is required to fund raise 100% of their financial support.

There's a nasty little monster that hangs on my shoulders and his name is Pride. I hate asking for help--especially financial help. But the premise and core ideology of Outreach is to invite others to join in on our journey. With your financial help you're able to participate in this adventure with me. The Post-It Project will give you a small way to be where I am.

For ten days a group of youth from Orange County will join with a group of youth from Kenya for total world domination! Well--something like that. Here's some vision for the trip:
If you want to help and support the trip, here are some simple steps:
Go to http://www.marinersoutreach.org/giving

Click on the link that says "Give towards a Faith Adventure"
Step 1: Fill in your information.
Step 2: Designate Faith Adventure Donation
Team Member Name: [Bianca Juarez]
Trip Name: [Kenya, June 2010]
Step 3: Fill in your account information.

13 comments:

Cindy A. said...

MTV Kenya?! WOOO!

Jason said...

I love the way Jesus shines through your eyes when you talk about reaching these kids.

Diandra Ann said...

AWESOME!!! so PROUD OF YOU!

LL said...

Hmmmm..... MTV? Isn't this the second time you have appeared on MTV? :)

Yes, I do have a copy of when you were on that show. Don't worry, I'll keep it locked away! Heehee.

I will support you and I am so proud to see the woman you have grown up to be. Keep on doing what you're doing... dream big!

Dana said...

Very AWESOME!!! So happy for the reminder to donate too!! I was just thinking about it this morning!!!

Bianca said...

@Cindy: I know! I'm super excited.

@Jason: Thanks for the continual support. I just read your FF blog today and I laughed. Obsviously you would pick that song for me :) Woohoo!

@Diandra: Thanks so much.

@LL: I don't know how this is, but I am about to bust into your house and turn into Liam Neelson in Taken. Yes, I will stop at nothing! Hahahaha :)

@Dana: Yay! Thanks for your support. Girl, I need it!

mac said...

Dear Bianca,

everytime, when I see you in your friday vlog it puts a smile on my face. I am soooooo happy for you, that you can do this trip, I will always support you, as much as I can...

I wish you and your family all the best,
Markus :-)

Stephanie said...

Apparently everyone else is WHY more spiritual than I am, because all I want to talk about is THAT RING! ;)

Stephanie said...

that should read WAY... :)

cassandra-m said...

Your video was amazing. To see how you want to touch others lives, to see how much you care and how dedicated you are IS SO INSPIRING. Many prayers are coming your way.

Courtney said...

What an AMAZING opportunity! My prayers are with you and your team as you seek financial support and during your travels.

(The church I attend in the Central Valley supports the Mavuno church as well (primarily Mavuno Downtown). We've built wonderful relationships with some awesome people, many who have visited CA recently.)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Extravagant! that's all i can say! God use you to bless others! keep it up!

christian church oakville ontario

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin