Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Some people are effortlessly cool. I, on the other hand, must really try hard. You know, try to be witty, try to be suave, try to be composed when really I'm desperately trying to find that happy place of assurance in my mind. People like Promise Tangeman just are cool. Like, really, really, ridiculously cool [said like Zoolander]. Promise has a reoccurring post on her blog about the five things she loves each season. I told her I was going to copy her idea, but when non-cool kids try to be cool, it somehow ends up flat. So, I'm embracing Nerdom and creating my own version of "five things."
Five Things I Love But Don't Want To:
1. CalorieCount.com. Using this data-base you can plug in virtually any food and it'll tabulate your caloric intake. It'll also allow you to chart your weight loss, exercise routine, and help you target your necessary calories.
Why I hate it: I'm OCD and I'll become a bit too obsessed with trying to calculate my caloric intake. By the end of the day, I almost always go over my calorie amount and feel like calling my friends Ben and Jerry to bring spoons to the couch so we can commiserate.
2. Pink Grapefruit Perrier. I try not to drink carbonated liquids, but there is something about this sparkling water that I adore! I literally drink it out of the bottle like a parched man in the Sahara desert.
3. iPhone and apps. My iPhone is literally the bane of my existence. I don't want to love it, but I can't get rid of it. It's like a three-legged puppy with one eye; you don't want to like it, but it's almost neglectful to ignore it. I'm trying to work on turning it off just as an act of discipline. But yes, I twitch until it's back on.
4. Reality TV. Ugh, I know, I know. Reality television isn't real. But that's why it's better than real life. Hello?! I'm smart enough to know that game shows are rigged, scripts are surreptitiously memorized, and drama in injected to every episode, but that's what make it fun.
5. Hulu. My schedule pretty much doesn't allow time for television, but now there's this handy-dandy website that is AMAZING. Thanks Hulu for letting me waste the few free minutes I have on mind-rotting trash. You're the best!
So at the end of my day you'll find me sitting on my couch drinking Perrier out of the bottle, twittering on my iPhone, and tabulating my calories while watching reality TV on Hulu. So spill it! What are your five things you love but don't want to? I dare you!