Wednesday, February 3, 2010

how to save a life...

It's my first official monthly post at (in)courage, so I decided to talk about David Hasselhoff, Wendy Peffercorn, Conan the Barbarian, and me. Yes, somehow I fit into a story with those characters.

You can click on the (in)courage link to read the full story. The comments have been turned off so you can join the conversation there!

:B

I held my whistle loosely on my lips, I donned black ray bans, and my candy apple red toenail polish matched exactly to the color of my swimsuit. I totally looked like a lifeguard.

Unbeknownst to me a seven year-old girl by the name of Emily was drowning right beneath my candy-apple colored toes. Six weeks of lifeguard training went out the window when I saw Emily's blue eyes the size of saucers from under the water.

To the shame of David Hasselhoff and hundreds of Baywatch episodes I watched, I impulsively reached down into the water like Conan the Barbarian and pulled her out by her hair. Yes, her hair.

To read the full story, click on the icon below:

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin