Monday, February 8, 2010

monuments and memorials...


Years of labor, tons of finances, and materials imported by majestic standards went into building the tabernacle of God. History tells us Solomon spared no expense when creating a dwelling place for the Lord Almighty.

I don't want to get mystical or ethereal, but Paul said we are a temple of the Holy Spirit. How much labor is put into building our temple? Are we investing in bringing majestic standards into our life?

The exterior of the temple was a monument. But the interior of the temple was a memorial; a place to dwell and meditate on the sovereignty and goodness of God. Are we only shells of what we should be? Does God have the ability to be worshipped and extolled in the interior of hearts?

In the words of @RevRun, this is real talk. So keep it real.

11 comments:

Matthew T. said...

I like your analysis, very interesting. The temple as a monument on the outside and a memorial on the inside.

christy said...

...it's so easy sometimes to get caught up in other things in life and say small prayers or miss reading for a few days and invest so much time into other things....i don't want to be a shell...thanks for reminding me to check myself!

Anonymous said...

So few words... but such a rich teaching. :) Thanks B.

Jason said...

Excellent thoughts here.

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts!
So glad you quoted RevRun! :)

Katy G said...

My interior is a little dusty..so thanks for the reminder to get off my butt and spend some time improving it! :)

Dana said...

Oh wow! This is awesome! A friend and I just had a conversation a few hours ago about God dwelling inside of us (everyone). I love the way you put all of this. It brings clarity and I never thought of that scripture that way. I only saw it as too many cubits, etc. that I couldn't understand and couldn't quite picture. You've made this clear for me - the point of it all is it's description of majesty. I just love how you tie that back into us being the temple of the Holy Spirit. Thank you!! Many blessings to you!

Diandra Ann said...

Love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Short. Sweet. Thought provoking.

Thank you.

Love,
1717

Anonymous said...

thank you bi! So true. :)

Apple said...

i love it!!! i'm gonna go work on my memorial now. :)

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin