Wednesday, January 27, 2010

100 word wednesday: street theologians...

Our goal should be to build clear, accurate, biblical theology of Life. But if your life is anything like mine, you don't live out your theology in some ivory-tower world of peaceful libraries and deep thoughts. No, we are street theologians, trying to exercise our faith in a world of brokenness.

I'm a sinner. You're a sinner. We are sinners.

The daily struggle with sin experienced by genuine Christians underscores the fact that while Christ certainly saved us, he does not transform us instantly into non-sinners. That process begins the moment we are converted, and continues throughout our life on earth, but it will only be finished when we leave this messed up world.

In doing Life we can aim for solid theological living, but acquiesce to the idea that we will falter. So be a street theologian! Keep it real. Walk with a spirit of a hustla' and the swagger of a college kid, because really, we're not perfect but aim to serve a God who is.

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Hahahahahahahaha! You quoted Kayne?! Hilarious!!!

But I really loved the symbolism. Thanks!

christy said...

love the post...it's encouraging because a lot of times we tend to beat ourselves up when we have a relapse....but how do we stop ourselves from taking it too far and using it as an excuse when we keep making the same mistake...like the verse:

James 1:23-24 (New King James Version)
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.

How do we not fool ourselves into thinking, "it's ok, i am a wrok in progress" all the while still behaving the same way....

Diandra Ann said...

love it. I'm going to start 5 word response Wednesdays. Dang it. I can't even do that...

Jennie Finch said...

Love it! Simple, sweet, and the TRUTH! Thanks Bi!
Striving for perfection but constantly falling short. May our eyes & our hearts always be on "the prize"!

Cindy A. said...

Oooooh girl, straight to my heart!

Rebecca said...

Love it.

Matthew T. said...

That looks like my neck of the woods, in Manhattan! I could be wrong though. Hey, everyone's not perfect, anyways, we should just learn from our mistakes.

Bianca said...

@Jenn: Though he's rude, I will still steal his lyrics ;)
@Diandra: You're a dork! And I love you.
@Christy: Thanks for posting scripture! I was out of words :)
@Jennie: I love you, Finchy!
@Cindy: Woohoo! That's the goal :)
@Rebecca: Thanks! (and welcome to the blog)
@Matt: That's Lupe Fiasco in NYC. You were right on the money!

D to the G said...

Nice pic of Lupe in NY.

So thankful our God is patient and longsuffering and always has His arms extended to help us up when fall into the deep end.
I am imperfect and need He who is perfect - Jesus!!!!
I am UNASHAMED of the Gospel of Jesus CHRIST Hollllaaaa!

KS*Rebecca said...

Preach it sista!!!

Frances said...

Amen Sista!

Anonymous said...

I love the wisdom in this post! Good stuff to live by! :)

Natasha said...

Awesome posts! I'm from Nova Scotia, and I read your blog all the time! I love your entries, and I love your open, honest candor! We girls need stuff like this! I struggle all the time with relationships with females inside the church. I want to be genuine, real, open about my hurts and struggles. But sometimes all of our masks get in the way...it's so very frustrating. But I appreciate your points of view - keep it up! God is smiling on you! Blessings, Natasha

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin