Thursday, January 7, 2010

the list...

I don't do resolutions. It's just too much pressure and one more thing to add to my to-do list. Today, however, I was reading my daily devotions and I came across Genesis 18:14 and I realized, nothing is too hard for my God. I immediately grabbed my journal and wrote down my goals for 2010. Why? Because nothing is too hard for my Lord.

I'll revisist this list in December and my hope is to scratch a line through each of these goals. If we can be people who commit everyday to change the world, we'll leave the world a better place one day at a time.

The List:
1. Create world peace and end hunger.
*Or at least try to.
2. Be healthy, happy, and content with my weight.
*No more binges, wacky diets, four-hour workouts, or genetically modified foods.
3. Read two books a month.
*One book to strengthen my character, one book for mind-rotting entertainment.
4. Find an agent who believes in me.
*God bless you, Chad Cannon!
5. Create and produce curriculum for the summer series that's fantastically amazing and spiritually inspiring.
*Or even a small fraction of that :)
6. Be financially wise and frugal.
*In being financially wise, I'd like to sponsor a child in a third world country and help domestically by investing in a non-Christian family near me.
7. Be emotionally stable.
*I'm a dramatic ledge-walker. This is not cool.
8. Love out loud.
*Even people who don't wear deodorant or drive too slow on the freeway.
9. Live out loud.
*People should be able to see my faith and my Maker through my life... even when I don't use words.
10. Build a community of people who want to change the world one day at a time.
*Yes, this includes you.

Comments enabled

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin