Tuesday, January 19, 2010

wonderfully made in san jose...

It still boggles my mind when people ask me questions about--well--me. I'm neurotic and boring and still believe Kid-n-Play is an acceptable dance form in public.

But I've established a relationship with the girls from Wonderfully Made and I'm speaking at their annual conference, so when they asked if I'd do an interview, I openly accepted. If you're in the San Jose area and would like to attend the conference on April 18th, visit the WM website for more information! Those girls are awesome.

Thanks for reading!

We love your blog! What's your favorite thing about blogging?

Well, I’ll be honest and say my favorite things are receiving comments from readers. I know it’s shameless to say, but I’m just keepin’ it real :) 
The only thing I could relate it to is yelling into a canyon and not hearing an echo. Sometimes the echo (even it doesn’t agree with me) is still good to hear ;)

Where do you get ideas for blog posts and where do you usually write them?

Life. I know, I know, it sounds cheesy, but I’m being honest. I’m a firm believer in a God who speaks supernaturally sometimes, but speaks subtly to us everyday. If we lean in, we can hear Him whisper to us. So whether I'm in my pajamas or blogging from Starbucks, I know He's speaking.

Tell us about your ministry.

I’m bi-vocational because I believe in the words and actions of Paul. At times churches blessed him and at other times he had to ability to preach the gospel for free. I’m totally stoked to work for an amazing church which believes in what I do and supports my ministry.

In The Name Of Love is a ministry to spread the love, grace, and truth of the gospel. I speak on theological, pragmatic, societal or emotional issues to anyone who will listen :) My heart most definitely is for Generation Y! This next wave of Christian leaders will control the ebb and flow of the Church. It’s important to teach solid biblical principles.

We can’t help but notice your fabulous style! What’s your shopping philosophy- any tips you want to share?

To read the full interview, click here.

20 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow, this was interesting to read! I'm bummed I don't live in San Jose, but if you're in Houston, let me know.

Thanks for sharing this post!

Anonymous said...

I don't comment because I usually don't have anything cool to say. But I really like your blog!

Thanks for posting everyday. It's a much-needed break from work! Don't worry, my boss knows I check this blog :) He reads the blog too!!! LOL

Thanks Bianca!

Bianca said...

@Jenn: I've never spoken in Houson before, but I'd love to! If something is planned, I'll let you know :)

@Anonymous: 1. I can't believe your boss reads the blog, 2. thank YOU for reading the blog, and 3. you don't need to say anything cool or witty to comment... just be you and share what's on your mind :) I love the comments that are heart-felt and sincere. Good stuff always comes out of it.

juniorj said...

I'll be praying for you sister. It's a great opportunity to ministry to young ladies. I never knew some of the issues that girls go through until I became an RA at Biola. Best wishes to you.

juniorj said...

I will be praying for you sister. It's a great opportunity to ministry to young ladies. I didn't know the issues that girls deal with until I became an RA at Biola.

The Montgomerys said...

What a awesome interview, I wish I could go to that conference! I love that you are a hustla for Jesus...your ministry is touching so many people!!!!!!!!!

yay!
much love <3
mon

Kayla said...

Bianca!
We love you!! I love what you said about girls needing to be authentic in relationships with one another... I also want to be the kind of person that my friends KNOW they can be their true selves with me and I'll love them just the same! Thanks for reminding me of that.

We are SOOOO excited for you to speak at the event! If any blog readers are in the area, please join us!

Love,
Kayla (& the Wonderfully Made girls)

Diandra Ann said...

um... wow again! seriously Bi... God is so much bigger than anything we could have ever imagined!!!

Harmony Loves said...

great interview. I always like to learn something new about you. You are amazing Bianca, and don't forget it!

Anonymous said...

I love that you keep getting more outlets to share God! :) Congratulations!! And I love that Gen Y is your focus. Even if I'm technically Gen X. ;)

Matthew T. said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best. Good luck on the upcoming speeches.

Brianna said...

APRIL 18TH???? wow. smh

christy said...

love the interview...i love that u r so candid...sometimes i feel like I am too open about things, but hey it's the way I feel...

Kristy Carlile said...

So here is what I think..haha...you should have an intern! And I think it should be ME! haha...I love and believe in what you do...so if you ever decide you need an intern please let me know. I would love to learn from you while supporting your ministry and lifting your arms!
-Kristy

DToThaG said...

Just mae sure you do the Kid N Play or the Cabbage Patch as you hit the stage at the conference...give it that Bianca touch.

Good luck - will lift you up in prayer.

Unknown said...

Well, since you like comments, here's one...you're AWESOME in my book. I know you don't know me, but I feel like we're good friends catching up when I read your blogs:) Many blessings on you and your work for Jesus!

Jasmine said...

Holllla!
So proud of you! :)
j*

Jennie Finch said...

Bi,
Love you tons! Congrats! Amen, keep shining my love!
xo

Nina said...

yipppeeeeee we are soooo excited to have you at SCU!!!! eeeeekk

Allie Marie Smith said...

Your wm girls love ya and can't wait to have you at our Santa Clara chapter's event! We're going to get spoiled by having you as our keynote! xo

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin