Monday, September 28, 2009

100th blog post and providence...

Last night in a small house on Maple Avenue with a broken fan and a faulty air-conditioner, I began our small-group study through the book of Esther. I was so excited to begin this study and more excited that it was tailored for women between the ages of 18-25 because it was roughly the age of Esther when God used her to do the impossible. I wanted to be like Esther and rally the girls to rise for such a time as this and do the impossible with their lives [insert clapping, affirming nods, and vibrant Amen's here].

But I stood in my grey dress and snake-skin heels while the girls fanned their faces and wiped the beads of sweat from their foreheads. No, I was not teaching a fire-n-brimstone message on hell. It just felt like we were in the pit of it. We had ten more verses to get through when I made the decision to just read them all in one breath andputthewordstogetherlikethis just so we could finish. Definitely goes down in the books as one of the worst teachings I've ever taught.

While in bed last night [kicking myself for The Worst Teaching Ever], I began to think about what I learned through the study of Esther. The narrative begins in a pagan city where God's presence is seemingly absent. There is no movement of God, no word from God, no sign from God. But He's there. Just as He was present at 915 Maple Avenue. Would I have liked the miraculous to occur and a cool breath from Yahweh chill our packed room? Would I liked to have chucked my notes out the window and quote Hebrew translations from memory? Would I have like to serve homemade scones instead of Chip's Ahoy cookies? ABSOLUTELY. But God doesn't always work in the miraculous.

Sometimes, the bigger miracles are the ones that occur in the natural realm. Like believing that God's word was planted in hearts and minds and lives were changed. Not because of me, but in spite of me.

On May 8th, 2009 I started this blog. I really didn't know what I would say, what would come of it, or who would read it, but I made a commitment to post one hundred blog entries, then assess if I wanted to continue on. Almost five months later, I've hit the goal and I'm exciting to commit to one hundred more. Why? Because I believe God's word can be planted in hearts and minds through this blog. Not because of me, but in spite of me.

Thanks for joining me on the first one hundred posts!

22 comments:

Paul Zabala said...

Congratulations, B! this blog is an amazing, inspiring work of the Lord that blesses the reader on so many levels.. i know... i read it.. may the Lord Almighty bless you and continue to inspire you to write on a daily basis and may you never stop giving all you got til glorious Day...
lotsa love and admiration... Peazee

Unknown said...

It has been a pleasure! I can't wait for the next 100!!!

Rebecca said...

Goooooooo bianca! Yes please keep writing. :)

ks*Rebecca said...

Congrats Bianca

Diandra Ann said...

AHHHH! That's awesome Bi! i am so so proud of you. And Esther is my FAVORITE!!! Im praying for you and this series! Love you!

Annie said...

100 more. And then another 100 after that. And then more after that ... and so on and so on.

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of (her) who brings good tidings, who PUBLISHES peace, who brings good tidings of good, who PUBLISHES salvation, who says to Zion, Your God reigns!" -Isaiah 52:7 AMP --edits mine!!

You go, girl!!!

Maribel said...

horray to 100! I've enjoyed every blog and hope you keep on keepin on! Praying for you always :)

Lydia said...

Looking forward to the next 100!

Elyse said...

His word HAS been planted because of you. I really enjoy reading your blog and have learned a lot about God because of it. I'm so glad you will continue.

christy said...

Congrats chickee....cannot even believe u would have to re-assess to see if u would continue:)....u have a gift, we all benefit...and God gets the Glory!!!

Keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

Last night was no where near as awful as you think it was. yes, it was cramped, hot, and a little rushed at the end...but I loved it. I love having a place where we, as young women, can come together in the Word and just hang out.
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thanks B!

Anonymous said...

I am sure it was a Beautiful Message last night, You can't go wrong with God's Word and I know you stick to the Word so it must have been good!! :) Congrats on your 100th blog, i love it! :)

April Zabala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Zabala said...

I am so blessed by what you do. Last night was exactly what God had planned. I had a wonderful time not only during the study, where I was so intrigued by Esther,but also the time of fellowship at the end...I met quiet a few new people and was encouraged by the conversations. I can't wait for the next 100. GOD BLESS ALL THAT YOU DO B! LOVE YA =)April

Bianca said...

Thanks! I love the support and encouragement, friends :) I feel blessed that you've joined me on this journey!

xoxo

Warrior in Training said...

I have just been introduced to you as of late and have enjoyed every minute. I can't wait for the second hundred-what a blessing your insight is. I visit everyday and see what nugget God is going to use in my life through you.
Thank you for your obedience.

Anonymous said...

You words have impacted my life. Which will impact countless other's lives... which will impact others lives. See... it's exponential!! So you gotta keep going Sister!! ;) Thanks for your words and time and heart and love. All of it. :)

Anonymous said...

You words have impacted my life. Which will impact countless other's lives... which will impact others lives. See... it's exponential!! So you gotta keep going Sister!! ;) Thanks for your words and time and heart and love. All of it. :)

MPH Photography said...

Congrats on your 100th post and here's to 1000 more. You are a blessing to others and I for one can't thank you enough for this blog. Keep doing what you're doing girl, I definitely believe this is God's plan for you.

renay. said...

Congrats on your 100th post, B! I've read every entry and they have been a totally blessing. I look forward to the next 100! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Keep them coming. I truly enjoy them.

~Maria

Anonymous said...

congratulations, lovah! here's to a hundred more. (said while looking directly into your precisely lined, shimmery shadowed, fake lashed eyes, raising a glass of non-alcoholic libations--remembering your nazarite vow--and delicately clinking). i love you!
mella

Google

Blog Widget by LinkWithin